Senior Java Developer
Location: Niš or remote (or hybrid)
Deavensoft is a software development and consulting company from Niš, Serbia. We are looking for colleagues to join our team working for international clients.
We are looking for a senior Java Developer with experience in building Java applications. This includes anything between groups of back-end services and their client (desktop, mobile) counterparts.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop the internet-scale and network infrastructure monitoring application, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are essential.
You will take the full responsibility to deliver a project from the requirements through deployment to production on a visible and predictable schedule.
Furthermore, we would like to work with colleagues who are eager to learn and constantly expand their knowledge and expertise.
- Leading a development team
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
Required skills and qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of working experience in the field of Java development
- An excellent understanding of OO concepts, design patterns, and best practices
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Experience with designing and building REST APIs
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and database principles
- Good experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Initiative to explore and learn new concepts/software technologies
- A keen attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Skills considered as a plus
- Experience working with Protocol buffers is a plus
- Experience with container technologies like Docker is a plus
- Experience with Testcontainers is a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with programming on the networking level is a plus
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React or Vue is a plus
- Open and informal but professional environment
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment to create a balanced work/life schedule
- Cozy office in the city center
- Full-remote work or hybrid (combining remote and office work) are valid options, too
- Professional and soft skills training, incl. conferences
- Dedicated work time for learning and experimenting